Disney and Lucasfilm are bringing Loki Season 1, WandaVision, and The Mandalorian Season 1 and 2 to 4K UHD and Steelbook Blu-ray.
While most of the world has moved on to building digital entertainment libraries, physical media collectors are steadily getting left in the dust regarding new releases arriving on Blu-ray and DVD. Thankfully, Disney and Lucasfilm will soon give cinephiles a reason to whip out their credit card for some sweet shelf additions! For the first time on 4K UHD and Blu-ray, Loki Season 1, WandaVision, and The Mandalorian Season 1 and 2 will get new Collector’s Editions from Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm with Steelbook packaging, exclusive art, and bonus features!
The titles and dates announced are:
- Marvel Studios’ Loki: The Complete First Season: September 26, 2023
- Marvel Studios’ WandaVision: The Complete Series: November 28, 2023
- Star Wars The Mandalorian: The Complete First Season: December 12, 2023
- Star Wars The Mandalorian: The Complete Second Season: December 12, 2023
Each title will be available nationally on Blu-ray Steelbook with cohesive and collectible brand-new box art designed by famous artist Attila Szarka and collectible concept art cards.
Per Disney’s official press release, you can check out all the details for Loki Season 1 below:
Loki S1 Synopsis
Marvel Studios’ Loki features the God of Mischief as he steps out of his brother’s shadow. Set after the events of Avengers: Endgame, this action-packed, time-defying thriller stars Tom Hiddleston as the title characters with Owen Wilson as agent Mobius.
Loki S1 Bonus Features
- Designing the TVA – Step into the incredible set of Loki Season 1 with Production Designer, Kasra Farahani, and Tom Hiddleston while getting a sneak peek into Season 2.
- The Official TVA Orientation Video – Miss Minutes explains the inner workings of the TVA timeline in her orientation video.
- Gag Reel – Take a look at some of the fun outtakes on set with the cast and crew of Loki Season 1.
- Deleted Scene: Loki’s Coronation – Mobius reviews some moments from Loki’s timeline, in which Frog Thor makes an appearance during Loki’s coronation.
- Deleted Scene: The Standoff – Loki holds Sylvie hostage against the TVA in a standoff.
- Assembled: The Making of Loki – Loki explores the series centering on the MCU’s chief mischief maker.
As convenient as it is to fire up Disney+ to watch any of the titles listed above, there’s comfort in owning something physically. As we’ve seen in the past, studios can alter or even delete content from streaming services. If you love Loki, WandaVision, or The Mandalorian, these Steelbook releases are a fantastic way to preserve the experience. I’ll be grabbing copies of Loki and WandaVision for sure.
What do you think of the new sets? Do you plan on buying any of these Steelbook collections? Let us know in the comments below!