Kpop stans, get ready! Luminate, the numbers provider for Billboard (which basically ranks the most important songs and albums in the United States) revealed the best-selling music the American country has had in 2023. Now, keep in mind that this is a mid-year report, so anything could change up until December. Who knows? We might even see Jungkook, NewJeans or aespa on the list.
Now, for some context: there are different lists that group albums and singles for different categories. In this case, we’re gonna be looking at the Top Albums Total Sales (Physical & Digital). That’s right, a big part of music popularity comes from streaming and digital sales partly. Of course, Kpop is no stranger to being one of the most stable markets for physical sales, so it makes sense why there are so many of our fave groups next to the biggest international superstars.
Let’s get right into it:
- TOMORROW X TOGETHER – The Name Chapter: TEMPTATION: our TXT boys have been all hands on deck this year. In this case, they have the SECOND best-selling album in the United States, having amassed a total of 399,000 copies. No surprise, right? These Kpop kings dropped “Sugar Rush Ride” to promote the album – and let’s just say it is an anthem at this point!
- Stray Kids – 5 Star: this JYP Entertainment group has also taken the charts by storm. They’re placed at the number THREE spot for their most recent album. The facts: they were able to sell a total of 327,000 copies of their 4th studio album. Now in case you didn’t know, one of the many bops that came from here was “S-Class” – and it blasts our speakers every single time.
- TWICE – Ready to Be: the TWICE queens served nothing but vocal perfection and amazing visuals during this era. They are the only Kpop girl group to appear in the list, so that’s definetly a major thing! They were able to convince 286,000 fans to get their hands on this mini-album and were crowned at the number FOUR sport. The bop we got for you is “Moonlight Sunrise.”
- Agust D (Suga of BTS) – D’Day: one of the BTS rappers took the time he got from being of hiatus from his band to drop a massive album. He was able to sell 200,000 copies and got the 8th spot on the list. If you vibe with that R&B/hip-hop kind of style, then this is probably your go-to album here.
- Jimin of BTS – Face: as you probably know, the BTS guys are on a hiatus, which will probably come to an end next year. In the mean time, every member has made some major moves in their solo careers, specially for Jimin. Our BTS vocalist amassed 196,000 copies of his debut album and it got the 9th spot on the list. As he should, right? we’re sure “Like Crazy” convinced those buyers!